Out of surgery, in recovery room
Got a call from the plastic surgeon. They were successfully able to move the muscle over the hole and put a skin graft from the thigh, and everything went as planned. He's in the recovery room now for about an hour and a half and is just waking up. He'll be on bed rest with his leg elevated while the wound heals. He may be ready to leave the hospital by the weekend or early next week. Apparently he may go to a rehab hospital or home, but the physical therapist and orthopaedist will decide that later on. The plastic surgeon says since he is young and was perfectly healthy before the accident, it is pretty likely that he will not need to go to rehab, but it all depends on whether he can transfer himself from the bed to a chair etc.
I'll post again once I talk to Dave so everyone knows how he is feeling about visitors.
I'll post again once I talk to Dave so everyone knows how he is feeling about visitors.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home