A Visit with the Physical Therapist
The physical therapy session went as planned today. Dave got out of bed for the first time since the accident, was wheeled down the hall into the cavernous physical therapy room (well, it seemed cavernous to him since he's been used to his little hospital room microcosm), and was able to get out of the wheelchair and walk around with a walker for a little while. He also was able to put all his weight on the good leg. After all that heavy exertion, he was back to the room again, but it's another step on the road to recovery.
No new news on release ETA. I'm sure he'll still be there at least tomorrow, the drains from the graft are still in. He was very proud of being able to open a juice bottle that I couldn't open (the invalid helps the healthy girl).
Yesterday, after hearing some of the stories of the Hartford Hospital staff, Steve told Dave, "Oh, I know some higher ups there, let me make a few calls." Dave thinks, "Whatever, he's just making stuff up." This afternoon a nurse comes in and offers to wash Dave's hair for the FIRST TIME since the accident (mind you he's been picking out little shards of glass all week.) A few minutes later, the head of nursing comes in and introduces herself and says, "Oh, we will make sure someone washes your hair" and asks some questions. So I guess it does help to know people.
No new news on release ETA. I'm sure he'll still be there at least tomorrow, the drains from the graft are still in. He was very proud of being able to open a juice bottle that I couldn't open (the invalid helps the healthy girl).
Yesterday, after hearing some of the stories of the Hartford Hospital staff, Steve told Dave, "Oh, I know some higher ups there, let me make a few calls." Dave thinks, "Whatever, he's just making stuff up." This afternoon a nurse comes in and offers to wash Dave's hair for the FIRST TIME since the accident (mind you he's been picking out little shards of glass all week.) A few minutes later, the head of nursing comes in and introduces herself and says, "Oh, we will make sure someone washes your hair" and asks some questions. So I guess it does help to know people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home